The CyberEdge Group has released their exhaustive 2015 Cyberthreat Defense Report, jam-packed with insights regarding the latest identified security trends for North America and Europe.
The CyberEdge Group bill themselves as “Premier Research and Marketing Services for High-Tech Vendors and Service Providers.”
The 41-page PDF report collects data from surveys of over 800 “qualified IT security decision makers & practitioners.” Trends covered span network breaches, cyber attacks, phishing, malware and zero-day events. Also reported on are companies’ security and IT budget trends and the current states of mobile security, threat intelligence and security monitoring.
CyberEdge calls out specific highlights of the report, including:
- 71% of respondents’ networks breached in 2014, up from 62%
- 52% of respondents believe a successful attack is likely in 2015
- 61% of IT security budgets are rising in 2015, up from 48%
- Phishing, malware, and zero-days concern respondents most
- 59% saw a rise in mobile device threats in 2014
- Low security awareness among employees is greatest inhibitor
- 67% intend to evaluate new endpoint security solutions
- Security analytics most-cited network security technology for acquisition
ThreatTrack Security will also host a webinar featuring Steve Piper, CEO of CyberEdge Group, as he reviews results from the report.
“Insights From CyberEdge’s 2015 Cyberthreat Defense Report” is scheduled for Friday, March 27th at 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT. Click here to register.