With Valentine’s Day behind us, singles and couples alike undoubtedly expressed their love in a variety of real and digital ways. McAfee recently released the results of the 2014 Love, Relationships, and Technology study and found that people are more willing than ever to share intimate and racy content via their mobile devices. Worldwide, people are oversharing and overlooking some crucial precautionary steps to protect themselves—and their reputations—online.
For example, nearly 50% of respondents said that they use their mobile device to share intimate photos, videos, emails and messages, and 16% have sent sexts to a complete stranger! And, with more than 40% sharing email accounts and banking details, it’s clear we’re giving our partners too much information, especially since 30% of people log into their significant others’ Facebook accounts on a monthly basis and 28% of us have taken our significant other’s mobile device to see the content it has stored. While it’s important to be confident in your online and physical relationships, it’s also crucial to be aware of the risks in order to avoid getting stung by bad buzz later.
Love is a digital battlefield and we want to know how much you know about love and technology. Starting Monday, February 17th through Friday, February 21st, we’ll be running a trivia contest on Twitter. Daily winners will receive a $50 Amazon e-gift card and a 1-year subscription to McAfee LiveSafe™ service. Brush up on your consumer and mobile security knowledge, as related to love and sharing, and be the first to correctly answer the daily trivia question posted on @McAfeeConsumer throughout the week. Submission must include both the hashtags #SextRegret and #LRTTrivia.
Follow the directions below for a chance to win big!
Terms and Conditions
1. How to enter: No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The McAfee Love, Relationships and Technology Trivia Contest (the “Contest”) will have five (5) drawing periods during which time all entries must be received. Pacific Time shall control for all purposes of this Contest. Five (5) winners will be chosen, one (1) for each drawing period. Drawing periods are as follows:
- Drawing 1: Monday, February 17th 8:00 AM PT through 6:00 PM PT
- Drawing 2: Tuesday, February 18th 8:00 AM PT through 6:00 PM PT
- Drawing 3: Wednesday, February 19th 8:00 AM PT through 6:00 PM PT
- Drawing 4: Thursday, February 20th 8:00 AM PT through 6:00 PM PT
- Drawing 5: Friday, February 21st 8:00AM PT through 6:00 PM PT
During each Drawing period, go to the @McAfeeConsumer page on Twitter and do the following steps.
a) Find the trivia question of the day, which will include the hashtags: #SextRegret and #LRTTrivia.
b) Be the first to correctly answer the trivia question of the day. Answer tweet must include both the #SextRegret and #LRTTrivia hashtags.
Look for the trivia tweet daily starting at 8am PT. Incorrect answers or those that do not contain both the #SextRegret AND #LRTTrivia hashtags will not be considered.
Trivia contest tweets will be announced one time per day starting at 8am PT during the drawing period on the @McAfeeConsumer feed featuring the #SextRegret and #LRTTrivia hashtags. Each answer must include the #SextRegret and #LRTTrivia hashtags to be eligible to win, and winners will be chosen on a first come, first serve basis who correctly answered the trivia question and used both hashtags. No other method of entry will be accepted besides Twitter. Entries from one Drawing are not carried over to a later Drawing (you must enter each Drawing separately).
Only one eligible tweet per person, per Drawing.
2. Eligibility: The contest is open globally to those who are 18 years of age or older on the date the contest begins and live in a jurisdiction where this prize contest and drawing are not prohibited. Employees of McAfee and its subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotional agencies, their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses), and individuals living in the same household as such employees are ineligible. A winner of one Drawing is eligible to enter in the subsequent Drawings. An entrant cannot win more than two (2) Drawings.
3. Winner Selection: One (1) winner for each Drawing will be selected from the first eligible correct answer received during a Drawing’s entry period. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the coordinators, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
Winner Notification: Each drawing winner will be notified via direct message on Twitter.com at the end of each drawing period. Prize winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (where permitted by law) to be returned within ten (10) days of written notification, or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. If a prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to a potential winner, if potential winner cannot be reached within four (4) calendar days from the first notification attempt, or if potential winner fails to return requisite document within the specified time period, or if a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then such person shall be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected for the prize at issue based on the winner selection process described above.
4. Prizes: The prize for each Drawing is a $50 Amazon gift card and a 1-year subscription to McAfee LiveSafe™ service. (Approximate retail value “ARV” of each prize pack is $130.)
Entrants agree that McAfee has the sole right to determine the winners of the drawing and all matters or disputes arising from the drawing and that its determination is final and binding. There are no prize substitutions, transfers or cash equivalents permitted except at the sole discretion of McAfee.
Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Sponsor is not responsible for delays in prize delivery beyond its control. All other expenses and items not specifically mentioned in these Official Rules are not included and are the prize winners’ sole responsibility. ARV of the prize may be subject to market fluctuation. In the event the stated ARV of a prize is more than the actual retail value of the prize at the time of award, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise.
5. General conditions: Entrants agree that by entering they agree to be bound by these rules. All federal, state, and local taxes, fees, and surcharges on prize packages are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner.
Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of the Contest entries. By entering, participants release and hold harmless McAfee and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest, any prize won, any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, participation in any contest-related activity, or participation in the contest.
Prize Forfeiture: Each prize will be awarded. If winner cannot be notified, does not respond to notification, does not meet eligibility requirements, or otherwise does not comply with these prize drawing rules, then the winner will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be selected from remaining eligible entry forms for each Drawing.
Dispute Resolution: Entrants agree that McAfee has the sole right to determine the winners of the drawing and all matters or disputes arising from the drawing and that its determination is final and binding. There are no prize substitutions, transfers or cash equivalents permitted except at the sole discretion of McAfee.
Governing Law: Each Prize Drawing and these rules will be construed in accordance with the laws, jurisdiction, and venue of New York.