The 2013 Most Dangerous Celebrities list, released on September 17, found that for the 7th year in a row, female celebrities are far more dangerous than their male counterparts. Actress Lily Collins (daughter of rock legend, Phil Collins) topped the list as the “Most Dangerous Celebrity,” with 14.5% of searches for her name landing users on a malicious website. Only three men made the Top 20 this year–Mad Men’s Jon Hamm (no. 8), Justin Timberlake (no. 12), and Grey’s Anatomy’s Patrick Dempsey (no. 13). Additionally, musicians seem to be particularly dangerous to search, with 17 making their way onto this year’s Top 50 list.
In order to continue to promote safe celebrity searching, McAfee will be running a Retweet To Win contest with our Twitter audience over the next couple of weeks. Winners will receive a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 16G Tablet and a 1-year subscription to McAfee LiveSafe™service. All you have to do is retweet the daily contest tweet to enter!
Help us spread the word about safe search practices and thwart scammers using popular topics to endanger users online. Follow the directions below for a chance to win big!
#RiskyCeleb #RT2Win Contest Rules
1. To enter, go to https://twitter.com/McAfeeConsumer. Find the contest tweet of the day, which will include the hashtags: #RT2Win and #RiskyCeleb, every weekday starting on Monday September 30th, until Friday October 11th, 2013.
2. Look for the contest tweet every weekday starting at 8am PT and retweet with the hashtags #RT2Win and #RiskyCeleb.
3. Sit tight for one lucky winner to be announced each week on the following Monday.
Terms and Conditions
1. How to enter: No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The “McAfee Most Dangerous Celebrities” Retweet to Win Drawing (the “Contest”) will have 2 drawing periods during which time all entries must be received. Pacific Time shall control for all purposes of this Contest. Two (2) winners will be chosen, one for each drawing period. Drawing periods are as follows:
- Drawing 1: 8:00 AM Monday September 30th, through 5:00 PM Friday October 4th.
- Drawing 2: 8:00 AM Monday October 7th, through 5:00 PM Friday October 11th.
During each Drawing period, go to the McAfee page on Twitter and do the following steps.
- Find the contest tweet of the day, which will include the hashtags: #RT2Win and #RiskyCeleb.
- Retweet the contest tweet of the day and make sure it includes both the #RT2Win and #RiskyCeleb hashtags ONLY.
Look for the contest tweet daily starting at 8am PT. Retweets of other tweets and those that do not contain both #RiskyCeleb and #RT2Win hashtags will not be considered.
Eligible contest tweets will be announced daily at 8am PT during the drawing period on the @McAfeeConsumer feed featuring the #RT2Win hashtag. Each retweet must include the #RiskyCeleb hashtag to be eligible to win, and winners will be chosen at the end of each week (Friday). No other method of entry will be accepted besides Twitter. Entries from one Drawing are not carried over to a later Drawing (you must enter each Drawing separately).
Only one eligible tweet per person, per Drawing.
2. Eligibility: The contest is open globally to those who are 18 years of age or older on the date the contest begins. Employees of McAfee and its subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotional agencies, their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses), and individuals living in the same household as such employees are ineligible. A winner of one Drawing is eligible to enter in the subsequent Drawings.
3. Winner Selection: The winner for each Drawing will be selected at random from all eligible retweets received during a Drawing’s entry period. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the coordinators, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible retweets received.
Winner Notification: Each drawing winner will be notified via direct message on Twitter.com at the end of each drawing period. Prize winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (where permitted by law) to be returned within fourteen (14) days of written notification, or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. If a prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to a potential winner, if potential winner cannot be reached within four (4) calendar days from the first notification attempt, or if potential winner fails to return requisite document within the specified time period, or if a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then such person shall be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected for the prize at issue based on the winner selection process described above.
4. Prizes: The prize for each Drawing is a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet with 16GB Memory and 1-year subscription to McAfee LiveSafe™ service, (Approximate retail value “ARV” of each prize is $580).
Entrants agree that McAfee has the sole right to determine the winners of the drawing and all matters or disputes arising from the drawing and that its determination is final and binding. There are no prize substitutions, transfers or cash equivalents permitted except at the sole discretion of McAfee.
Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Sponsor is not responsible for delays in prize delivery beyond its control. All other expenses and items not specifically mentioned in these Official Rules are not included and are the prize winners’ sole responsibility. ARV of the prize may be subject to market fluctuation. In the event the stated ARV of a prize is more than the actual retail value of the prize at the time of award, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise.
5. General conditions: Entrants agree that by entering they agree to be bound by these rules. All federal, state, and local taxes, fees, and surcharges on prize packages are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner.
Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of the Contest entries. By entering, participants release and hold harmless McAfee and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest, any prize won, any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, participation in any contest-related activity, or participation in the contest.
Prize Forfeiture: Each prize will be awarded. If winner cannot be notified, does not respond to notification, does not meet eligibility requirements, or otherwise does not comply with these prize drawing rules, then the winner will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be selected from remaining eligible entry forms for each Drawing.
Dispute Resolution: Entrants agree that McAfee has the sole right to determine the winners of the drawing and all matters or disputes arising from the drawing and that its determination is final and binding. There are no prize substitutions, transfers or cash equivalents permitted except at the sole discretion of McAfee.
Governing Law: Each Prize Drawing and these rules will be construed in accordance with the laws, jurisdiction, and venue of New York.
The post #RiskyCeleb Twitter Contest: Win a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet from @McAfeeConsumer appeared first on McAfee Blogs.